Hunting Accident File > Safe Hunting?: > 2006

MI - Two men die in hunting-related incidents

Two Michigan deer hunters died in accidents this week, including a man who fell out of a tree and an apparent victim of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Douglas Mitchell Krawczak, 25, of Rogers City, was found dead Wednesday at the base of a tree blind in Presque Isle County's Metz Township. Relatives mounted a search when he failed to return home from hunting, the sheriff's department said.

A 59-year-old hunter from Flint died in the carbon monoxide case, said Michael Dermyer, the Lake County undersheriff. His name was being withheld until relatives were notified.

The man camped Monday night in a 14-foot travel trailer in Yates Township and was found dead Tuesday morning. He had used a small propane heater designed for outdoor deer blinds, Dermyer said.

Return to Hunting Accident Index

Fair Use Notice: This document may contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owners. We believe that this not-for-profit, educational use on the Web constitutes a fair use of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.


Home  |  About  |  Campaigns  |  Crisis Center  |  Activists  |  Media  |  Hunting Accidents  |  Newsletter

PO Box 562 New Paltz, NY 12561
Phone 845-256-1400 Fax 845-818-3622
E-mail: [email protected]
Anne Muller - President


C.A.S.H. is a committee of Wildlife Watch, Inc.
a 501(c)3 Not-for-Profit Corporation.
Contributions are tax-deductible.

All content copyright C.A.S.H. unless otherwise noted.

We welcome your comments

Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org

Sponsored & Maintained by The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation