LIVINGSTON, Mont. (AP) -- Authorities say a bow hunter in
southern Montana suffered serious injuries from an electric shock
when he used a knife to poke a dead bear that was lying on live
The Park County Sheriff's Office says Edward Garcia came across
the bear carcass Sunday in the Beattie Gulch area north of Gardiner.
The shock from poking the carcass caused injuries to Garcia's torso,
head and hands.
The sheriff's office says Garcia walked two miles to find help.
He was flown to a burn center in Salt Lake City.
Garcia's condition wasn't immediately clear. Sheriff's Office Lt.
Tom Totland tells the Livingston Enterprise that he does not know
where Garcia is from.
The sheriff's office says NorthWestern Energy has turned off
power to the line.
Fair Use Notice: This document may contain copyrighted material
whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owners. We believe
that this not-for-profit, educational use on the Web constitutes
a fair use of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section
107 of the US Copyright Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted
material for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use, you must
obtain permission from the copyright owner.