From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tbsp vegan sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tbsp salt
1 cup vanilla soymilk
2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp apple sauce
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, vegan sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla soy
milk in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the ground cinnamon, apple
sauce, and pour vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour about 1/2 cup (if you like big thick pancakes) on to hot, oiled
- In about 2 minutes bubbles will appear on the upper surface of
the pancake, flip the pancake with spatula.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
Tastes great served with maple or fruit syrup.
Serves: 4-6 pancakes.