1 14-ounce package of extra-firm tofu
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
salt, to taste
1/2 cup water
- Unwrap the tofu and shake off any excess moisture. Place the tofu
in a freezer bag or wrap well in plastic, then freeze the sealed tofu
for at least 24 hours.
- The next day, thaw the tofu by placing it—unwrapped—into a
microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl and microwave on high, checking
every 2 to 3 minutes to make sure the tofu doesn’t cook. Once thoroughly
defrosted, gently squeeze out any excess moisture and cut into 1-inch
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a shallow bowl, add the bread crumbs and spices, mixing well. In
a separate bowl, pour 1/2 cup of water.
- Dip each piece of tofu first into the water, lightly shake off any
excess water, and then coat with the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Put the breaded tofu cubes on a lightly oiled baking pan and baked
25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
Serve with a dipping sauce such as sweet and sour or barbecue, or
Your question and comments are welcome