8 Tbs vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic -- squashed and minced
2 slices yellow onion -- chopped
8 Tbs all-purpose white flour
4 tsp nutritional yeast
4 Tbs tamari (soy sauce)
2 cups water
1/2 tsp sage
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
5 white mushrooms -- sliced (optional)
extra flour or cornstarch (optional)
- Pour vegetable oil into saucepan. Cook the garlic and onion in oil
for about two minutes on medium or medium-low heat, until the onion is
tender and translucent.
- Add the flour, yeast, and tamari to make a paste.
- Add the water gradually, stirring constantly.
- Bring the gravy to a boil on medium to medium-high heat, stirring
constantly -- the gravy has to boil for it to thicken.
- Add pepper. Stir in the sliced mushrooms, if desired. Add salt, if
Your question and comments are welcome