Bell Pepper Soup
Yield 4 servings
1/4c olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
4 large bell peppers (any color*), seeded and diced
1 medium potato
1/2-1 t salt
1 t red pepper flakes
1 1/2-2 c vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in the large saucepan. Add the onion and sauté
for 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the
peppers are tender, about 1 hour.
- Pour half of the soup into the blender and purée, followed by the
other half. Meanwhile, put the stock in the small saucepan and bring to
- Optional: if you want a smoother soup, you can sieve it at this
- Return the soup to the saucepan, stir in the stock (use more for a
thinner soup), taste, and season.
- Serve hot or cold, with any of these toppings:
vegan crème fraîche
vegan sour cream
vegan plain yogurt
Notes *Green peppers are acceptable, but red, orange, or yellow
peppers will make the nicest soup.
Your question and comments are welcome