Curried Christmas Timbales With Bell Pepper Relish
Yield: 6 servings
1/2 cup (120 ml) raw Brazil nuts or cashews
1 pound (450g) firm tofu, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- To make the timbales, preheat the oven to 350 degrees (Gas Mark
4) and line a 6-section muffin pan with paper baking cups. Grind the
Brazil nuts into a coarse chunky meal in the food processor.
- Drain the liquid from the tofu, rinse with cool water, and
drain. Add the tofu to the Brazil nuts in the food processor along
with the remaining ingredients. Process until blended to a creamy
consistency. If the mixture is too dry or crumbly, add 1 or 2
teaspoons of water to moisten, and process.
- Spoon the Curried Timbale mixture into the prepared muffin pan,
packing the mixture down to fill any air spaces. Smooth the tops and
place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake the timbales for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven
and cool 10 minutes. Invert the timbales onto an attractive platter
and remove the parchment papers. Arrange the timbales in a circle
leaving the center open.
- Top each timbale with a spoonful of Bell Pepper Relish and
decorate the edges of the platter with the remainder of the relish.
Fill the center of the platter with Steamed Brussels Sprouts, and
Your question and comments are welcome