Spinach and Tofu Stuffed Cannelloni Recipe
1 Box Oven Ready Cannelloni Noodles
1 Box Frozen Chopped Spinach (Thawed)
Jarred Pasta Sauce
1 Pkg Extra Firm Tofu
1 Box Soft Silken Style Tofu
1 Large Onion Chopped
1 Tsp Basil
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Thyme
1 1/2 Tsp Salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- Saute onions in olive oil until they begin to brown. Add spinach
and heat for a minute. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl crumble firm tofu, add soft tofu and mix into a ricotta
cheese like consistency. Add spinach mixture to tofu. Add remaining
ingredients and stir until everything is properly mixed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. The longer it has
to sit the more the flavour will soak in.
- Pour some pasta sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Stuff
spinach mixture into cannelloni noodle and place into baking dish.
Repeat until all the mixture is gone. Space the noodles about 1/4 inch
apart. Cover noodles with pasta sauce.
- You may need more than 1 baking dish and more than 1 jar of pasta
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 60
minutes. - Let cool for 5-10 mins before serving.
Your question and comments are welcome