Amazing Meatout Lasagna
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. chopped garlic
2 Tbs. water
2 26-oz jars of spaghetti sauce
9 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
black olives, sliced (optional)
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 lb firm tofu
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. nutritional yeast (optional)
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. rosemary, crushed
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sauté the mushrooms and garlic over medium heat in the water
until tender; cover between stirring to keep them from drying out;
remove from heat and add spaghetti sauce.
- Place tofu and thawed spinach in the food processor and process
briefly; add the remaining filling ingredients to the processor and
blend until smooth.
- Spread half of the sauce in the bottom of a 9x12-inch pan;
place a layer of noodles over the sauce, using three dry noodles,
leaving a little space in between them; spread half of the tofu
mixture over the noodles; cover with another layer of 3 noodles and
then spread the remaining tofu mixture over them.
- Top with a final layer of noodles and top with remaining sauce;
cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 375
degrees F; remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove lasagna from the oven and sprinkle with Parma and sliced
black olives (optional).
Your question and comments are welcome