Soy Creamed Peas with Onions
2 Tbs. dairy-free margarine (try Earth Balance)
1/2 bag (5 oz.) pearl onions or 1 onion, cut into 1/2" cubes
1 bag (16oz.) petite frozen peas
1 1/2 cup plain soy or rice milk
2 1/2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. powdered vegetable broth (optional)
salt & pepper (to taste)
- Melt margarine in medium sauce pan.
- Add chopped onions and sautee until onions are translucent and
- Add bag of frozen peas and stir until almost thawed.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour into the soymilk until
- Add mixture to the onions and peas and cook over medium heat
until cream sauce thickens like gravy; add vegetable broth powder
and season with salt and pepper.
Your question and comments are welcome