From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Best Vegan Mac and Cheese in the entire world... seriously
1 1/2 pounds pasta, preferably macaroni
1 1/2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
1 1/2 cups nutritional yeast
1 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 cup water
1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
1/4 (12 ounce) block firm (not silken) tofu
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon vegesal or in lack of fancy product, just use salt
1 dollop mustard, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil water in a big pot and cook pasta according to package
- Add all of the "cheese" sauce ingredients in a blender and
process until smooth.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and put it in the baking pan (about the
size of a brownie pan).
- Pour the "cheese" sauce over the pasta.
- Bake until the top of the pasta looks slightly browned and
crispy, about 15 minutes.
Read more at