From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Makes 6 pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled/sliced thin
- 5 baby or cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 large roasted red pepper, sliced thin
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp spicy harissa (or sub with red pepper flakes or cayenne)
- dash of ground black pepper
- dash of salt
- 1/4 a baguette, sliced into 3/4″ rounds (enough for 6 slices)
- olive oil for toasting bread
- Toast the bread in a splash of olive oil until the edges crisp
and brown. Set aside.
- Chop your ingredients.
- Combine in a bowl.Plate your bruschetta by spooning a Tbsp of
mixture over each bread slice.
- Serve! Pour extra mixture in a separate bowl with a spoon or make a
few more rounds.