From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Vegan Tempeh Recipe with Peanut Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Time from start to eating: 30 minutes
Makes enough for 2 large servings
1 package tempeh, diced
3 stalks celery, chopped
½ large field cucumber, diced
3 green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp sesame oil (untoasted) or olive oil
1 Tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp apple cider or brown rice vinegar
Chili paste to taste
- For tempeh that is not pre-cooked, put your diced tempeh in the oven or toasted oven at 300-350F for 15 minutes or so, until lightly browned.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Adjust tamari and chili to your taste, add a bit of water if you want a thinner consistency, and let the sauce sit to combine while you prepare the vegetables.
- Cut the vegetables and tempeh to approximately the same size, and toss together in a bowl.
- Pour the sauce over them, and toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with fresh cilantro or chopped peanuts.
Read more at