• 3 pounds medium ripe tomatoes, cored
1 medium cucumber, peeled
• 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and
• 1/4 medium red onion
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/2 bunch
fresh flat-leaf parsley, long stems removed
• 1 pint fresh
• juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
• 1 Tbsp
white wine vinegar, or to taste
• up to 1/2 cup water, if desired
• 1 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
1. In batches, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red
onion, garlic, parsley, and strawberries in your blender or food
processor and puree until relatively smooth; for a chunky version
pulse instead of puree.
2. Add half the lemon juice,
vinegar, and salt, and blend. Taste and adjust the seasoning as
necessary by adding lemon juice, vinegar, and/or salt. If the
gazpacho is too thick, add some or all of the water. Refrigerate for
at least 10 minutes.
3. Transfer the gazpacho to a large
bowl. Drizzle with olive oil.
4. Serve in bowl, teacups, or
5. Serves 4. Takes about 25 minutes to make.
Your question and comments are welcome