From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Makes: 4 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Total preparation time: 20 minutes
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional)
- Combine corn kernels, coconut milk and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then adjust the heat to maintain an active simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the coconut milk has evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, lime juice and crushed red pepper, if using.