From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Smoked Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
2 (6 ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper, to taste
3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 (8 ounce) package smoked tofu, sliced 1/2" thick
1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 large head of lettuce
handful fresh bean sprouts
- Spray a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Sauté the mushrooms
in the pan over medium-high heat until they start to give off their
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic. Continue to sauté until the juices
have mostly evaporated. Add tofu to the mushrooms along with the water
chestnuts and onions.
- Reduce heat to low and stir gently until the tofu is warmed.
Remove from heat. Carefully separate 8-10 large leaves from the head of
lettuce. Rinse the leaves and gently shake off excess water.
- Arrange leaves in a pile on a plate along with the bean
- Serve with the tofu mixture on the side.
- To make the wraps, pile the tofu and bean sprouts on a lettuce leaf
and gently roll up like a leafy burrito. Dip in sesame sauce and eat.
Messy but good!