1 1/2 cups wheat bran
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoon powdered egg replacer (like Ener-g)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar (a bit less if you’re using sweetened soymilk and/or a very ripe banana)
1 cup soy milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar added
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 ripe banana
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts
1) Puree the banana, soymilk with vinegar, oil and sugar with a hand blender.
2) In a large bowl, stir the dry ingredients together (bran, flour, baking powder and soda, egg replacer powder, and salt). Pour the wet into the dry and mix just until combined. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
3) Divide into 12 muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray or lined with paper liners (note – they’ll stick to the paper until a few hours after they’ve cooled)
4) Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes (I do mine for 18 minutes).
5) Remove and place on a wire rack to cool.